An estimated 10 million Americans suffer from head, jaw or neck pain associated with jaw disorders. I have had great success treating jaw disorders, more commonly known as TMJ without using surgery or invasive methods. In addition to my training as a general and cosmetic dentist, I also have experience treating bruxism, more commonly known as grinding of the teeth.
Below is Rachel’s story. We had tremendous success in treating TMJ pain in her jaw.
Rachel came to Pasadena Pain Management when she noticed that her temporomandibular joints weren’t working properly. She had several of the following TMJ symptoms:
- Sore jaw muscles and joints, especially right after waking up in the morning.
- Clicking and/or popping sounds in the jaw joint when opening or closing the mouth.
- Chewing surfaces are flat and/or worn down through the tooth enamel. This exposes the second, soft and yellow layer of the tooth.
- Tooth edges that are worn down.
- Tooth sensitivity to cold temperatures or tooth brushing.
- Loose or broken teeth, crowns or bridges for no obvious reason.
- A generalized feeling of tooth pain.
- Grinding or clenching of the teeth.
- locking jaw or difficulty moving the jaw or biting.
- clicking, cracking or popping noises in the jaw.
- Ringing in the ears.
Pasadena Pain Management offers non-surgical therapy for TMJ using advanced dental technology and sports medicine techniques. In addition to our revolutionary treatment, we also offer patients gentle jaw stretching and relaxing exercises this can do at home.
Treating TMJ Pain in Southern California
Pasadena Pain Management offers pain management treatment for TMJ/TMD, migraine, headaches and neck pain in Pasadena, CA. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Pasadena Pain Management, we offer the exclusive TruDenta treatment therapy — a highly specialized form of care that involves cutting-edge dental technology, without needles or injections. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable pain management care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping our patients happy and pain free.