36 million Americans suffer from migraines. Many of them, approximately one in every three people, will seek migraine treatment. Of those, sadly, only about half of migraine patients get the proper diagnosis and treatment.
There is no question — migraine is one of the most misdiagnosed, mistreated and misunderstood diseases. It is also one of the most serious and underestimated health problems. Doctors and sufferers often brush off migraines; they attribute the pain to stress or exhaustion. People with legitimate, debilitating headaches — no matter the frequency — need effective migraine treatment.
Here are 7 serious statistics from the American Migraine Foundation both sufferers and their loved ones need to be aware of:
1. Every 10 seconds, someone in the U.S. goes to the emergency room with a headache or migraine.
2. While most sufferers experience attacks once or twice a month, 14 million people, or about 4%, have chronic daily headache, when attacks occur at least 15 days a month.
3. A migraine is an extremely debilitating collection of neurological symptoms.
4. Migraine attacks are often accompanied by one or more of the following: visual disturbances, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, tingling or numbness in the extremities or face and extreme sensitivity to sound, light, touch and smell.
5. Chronic illness — a category into which migraine can fall — is one of the country’s greatest healthcare challenges and costs an estimated $50 billion per year.
6. Migraine sufferers, like those who suffer from other chronic illnesses, face the consequences of high costs of medical services, too little support, and limited access to quality care.
7. People with migraine use about twice the medical resources — including prescription medications and office and emergency room visits — as non-sufferers.
What Can You Do?
If you get migraines frequently or only occasionally, the time is NOW to start exploring your options for treatment. Start by researching drug-free options, like TruDenta® migraine treatment offered here at Pasadena Pain Management. We can help you identify the underlying cause of your migraines and get you on the right treatment plan.
So don’t be another migraine statistic this year! Are you ready to explore your options for migraine management? We offer FREE CONSULTATIONS! Book online here!
About Pasadena Pain Management
Pasadena Pain Management offers pain management treatment for TMJ/TMD, migraine, headaches and neck pain in Pasadena, CA. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Pasadena Pain Management, we offer the exclusive TruDenta® treatment therapy — a highly specialized form of care that involves cutting-edge dental technology, without needles or injections. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable pain management care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping our patients happy and pain free.