2016 was a year for new research and many great advancements in the field of head pain – especially headaches and migraines. While this year promises to be just as innovative, we thought it would be a great idea to offer our patients a list of some of the best migraine apps available for your smartphone or tablet.
These apps were selected by Healthline.com based on their usability, user reviews, frequency of updates, and overall impact in providing support and resources for people affected by migraines.
- Acupressure: Heal Yourself: Acupressure is based on traditional Chinese medicine, where pressure points are used to relieve pain and tension and motivate the body’s natural healing abilities. With this app, choose your ailment or pain, and watch as it identifies the pressure points that may provide relief. There are helpful diagrams so you can pinpoint the exact spot that will deliver the most benefits. $1.99 – iPhone, Android
- BrainWave Tuner: With BrainWave Tuner, change how your brain is functioning to improve your mood and sleep, as well as reduce pain and promote relaxation. The app uses subtle sounds to manipulate your brain activity. There are more than 20 programs for everything from migraines to self-hypnosis. Users report that engaging with the app before bed can improve sleep quality too. $3.99 – iPhone, Android
- Binaural Beats Therapy: The makers of Binaural Beats Therapy subscribe to the belief that rhythmic sound, or sound repetition, can influence brain function. While the practice itself is not new, it’s only recently that technology has been able to bring it into everyone’s homes. Use the sounds on this app to boost your creativity, help you fall asleep, and manage your migraine pain. FREE – Android
- Headache Diary: There’s a good chance there’s a pattern to your headaches — whether it’s in their timing or the triggers that set them off. Headache Diary makes it easier to identify these patterns so you can do something about it. Track your migraines, medications, foods, and more. You can even send your headache reports via email to your doctor. $2.99 – iPhone
- iHeadache: The iHeadache app is designed to help you track your migraines more efficiently. Track the frequency and intensity of your pain, along with any precursors and triggers you can identify. The app was designed by a neurologist and even lets you create reports to share with your own doctor, so that getting the help you need to manage your migraines can be that much easier. FREE – iPhone
- Migraine Buddy: Record every migraine with ease using Migraine Buddy. The efficiently designed interface lets you enter a date and potential triggers — lack of sleep, anxiety, stress, weather, and more — with quick swipes, so tracking feels less like a burden. Questions on the intensity of your pain bring a new depth to migraine tracking, and you can also add custom fields to personalize how you record your migraine pain. FREE – iPhone, Android
- Migraine Checked: If foods are a common migraine trigger for you, Migraine Checked is something you’ll learn to depend on. Best of all, you can share information with friends and family who’d like to cook for you but aren’t sure what to include and what to leave out. Migraine Checked is also helpful as a shopping app, advising you on which foods may trigger a migraine, including the ingredients that may be responsible. FREE – iPhone, Android
- Relax Melodies: For some people who suffer with migraines, silence is a sacred coping mechanism. But when you’re trying to prevent a stress-induced migraine, or feel a migraine coming on, de-stressing can play a role in keeping you pain-free. Relax Melodies can play you a tune to help you chill out and find some peace. The app makers say its quiet, ambient sounds can put you to sleep in just 20 minutes. FREE – iPhone, Android
- MedZam Headache Migraine Symptom Checker: Migraines can be a sign of a medical emergency. MedZam will help you determine whether or not you need immediate medical attention. But it also serves some very basic and helpful functions of a migraine tracker. It will identify the type of migraine you’re experiencing and recommend the best possible treatments. Best of all, there are no ads. FREE – iPhone
- Manage My Pain Pro: One of the first things a doctor will tell you to do when you seek help for migraines is to track your headaches. Manage My Pain can help you do just that, and create reports that your doctor can use to identify the best treatments. It uses your inputs to design charts and calendar views that quantify your pain and the frequency of your migraines. You can then sync your information with the Cloud and share it directly with your treatment providers. $3.99 – Android
Are You Ready to Start Living PAIN FREE?
Contact Us Today for a FREE CONSULTATION at Pasadena Pain Management. We can evaluate your headaches, migraines, head and neck pain, and/or TMJ disorder and tell you whether our TruDenta care program is right for you.
Pasadena Pain Management offers pain management treatment Pasadena, CA. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable pain management care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping our patients happy and pain free.